Currently seeking Skilled Bridge Laborers.
- Full time
- Must be able to work nights and weekends when required to
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must be willing to learn new skills such as small hand power tools and willing to learn how to operate heavy equipment
- Good math skills is a plus but not required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience.
- Bridge Construction: 1 year preferred
- Heavy equipment Operating: 1 year preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver's license (preferred)
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Bridge Laborer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Work is often performed at heights up to 60 feet, requiring the employee to climb ladders, scaffolds and stair towers, often with narrow steps and passageways.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, lumber and other construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
- Capable of operating concrete vibrators for extended periods of time.
- Physical dexterity to pour, grade and finish concrete, involving stretching, proper placement of legs, and use of arms and hands in repetitive motions.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Capable of being certified to enter confined spaces, including climbing into and out of excavations up to 15 feet in depth, using ladders or crawling, as required.
- Sufficient skill and visual acuity, under varying degrees of light, darkness, and weather conditions, to provide direction and flagging for operators of cranes with rated capacities of up to 300 tons.
- Capable of safely and productively operating a man-lift.
- Ability to maintain balance while working on water craft or other surfaces.
- Must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Bridge Laborer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction, Inc. - Hubbard Construction Company - Northeast Paving - Sunmount Paving - Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources atBlythe Construction, Inc.: Phone: 704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company: Phone: 407-645-5500Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: