1887 Bistro Server - Spring 2024
Campus Enterprises Mission: Campus Enterprises is NC State’s lead division of retail and hospitality organizations. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
Purpose: Provide vital support to Campus Enterprises and NC State Dining by providing an excellent dining experience for all guests.
Compensation: $7.25/hr + tips + annual raises
Location: 1887 Bistro in Talley Student Union
Work Schedule: **Specific Days/Hours**
- Sunday - Thursday: 2 Shifts per week minimum
- 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM (tentatively)
- MUST have availability during at least 2 of these shifts
Federal Work-Study Eligible
Essential functions and responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Give excellent table service to guests in a full-service Restaurant.
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of all areas of the restaurant as needed.
- Work well with teammates to ensure all guests have an exemplary experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, peers and customers.
- Provide exemplary customer service to every guest.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain an attitude of learning and personal growth.
- Physically able to carry and balance trays of drinks and foods, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to keep track of tables in multiple stages of service at once.
- Willingness to handle and serve all types of food.
- Delivering food to the tables.
- Pre-bussing and cleaning of tables.
- Maintaining dining room cleanliness.
- Preparing and serving, coffee, hot tea, ice tea and sodas.
Opportunities for Skills Development:
Working as a member of the Campus Enterprises team, students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. There are opportunities for advancement and leadership growth.
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.