1887 Bistro Busser/Dishwasher - Spring 2024
Campus Enterprises Mission: Campus Enterprises is NC State’s division of retail and hospitality organizations. Each department is dedicated to providing service excellence, value and enrichment of the student experience in support of academic success.
Purpose: Provide vital support to Campus Enterprises and NC State Dining by providing an excellent dining experience for all guests.
Compensation: Starting Wage $10.00/hr (Tier 1) with opportunity for raises based on years of service within Campus Enterprises.
Location: 1887 Bistro in Talley Student Union
Work Schedule: **Specific Days/Hours**
- Sunday - Thursday: 2 Shifts per week minimum
- 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM (tentatively)
- MUST have availability during at least 2 of these shifts
Federal Work-Study Eligible
Essential functions and responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Removing used plates, glasses, cutlery and napkins from tables after guests are done eating
- Wiping up water spills, food stains and dirt from tables.
- Resetting silverware for anticipation of new guests.
- Helping the Servers pre-bus tables.
- Helping the dishwasher run clean glasses and silverware to the server station.
- Good hygiene, team player, able to follow sanitation and health rules set forth by the Wake County Department of Health.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current NC State University student with a flexible schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, peers and customers.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with a team to serve a diverse population.
- Maintain an attitude of learning and personal growth.
- Elevated verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must attend mandatory student employee orientation and training sessions.
Opportunities for Skills Development:
Working as a member of the Campus Enterprises team, students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. There are opportunities for advancement and leadership growth.
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.