FDC-VOCATIONAL FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR-70920433 UNION CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION (RAIFORD, FL, US, 32026)
Requisition No: 427881
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-VOCATIONAL FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR-70920433 UNION CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Position Number: 70920433
Salary: $13.00 per hour
Posting Closing Date: 02/04/2022
***OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT***
OPS Vocational Food Service Coordinator – 70920433
This advertisement is for multiple OPS positions located at Union Correctional Institution in the Food Service Department.
Salary: $13.00 per hour
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the oversight of daily meal preparation including production and meal service to the inmate population. This includes interpreting and complying with OSHA and related health and food service standards.
- Handles raw and cooked food in accordance with sanitation standards.
- Supervises the inmate food service workers in food production, preparation, kitchen sanitation, etc.
- Insures preparation of meals is in accordance with the Department’s master menu manual and master menu recipes.
- Maintains professional food service management certification.
- Responsible for the accurate completion and maintenance of production, training and other required documentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (KSA’s):
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to speak clearly and correctly to individuals and groups.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication.
- Knowledge of a vocational skill such as food service operations.
- Skill in performing a vocation such as food service operations.
- Ability to work in a training capacity with people in individual and group settings.
- Ability to collect, record and evaluate data relating to the training of individuals.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and other instructional materials.
- Ability to prepare and maintain production logs and other required documentation.
- Ability to multi-task, managing several areas of food service operations at the same time with different inmate workers assigned to different areas and tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to all areas of food service operations.
- Upon completion of training, ability to complete work assignments without constant direct supervision.
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience in food service or 6 months experience in correctional food service preparation can substitute for the required one-year experience.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.