Maybe you’ve supported a friend or family member who’s dealing with cancer. Maybe you’ve battled it yourself. At Syapse, our mission is to enable healthcare providers to deliver the best care to every cancer patient through precision medicine and it's our personal connections to this mission that unites us.
Together, we're building a revolutionary platform that integrates complex oncology data and shares insights across the cancer care ecosystem including cancer care centers and life science companies developing the next generation of cancer diagnostics and medicines. Join us in our mission to make precision medicine available to every cancer patient who needs it and help us make a positive impact in the lives of people battling cancer, their families and the organizations committed to their care.
About the Syapse Clinical Analytics Team
Syapse has built a massive and revolutionary data-sharing network integrating clinical and molecular data from various health systems. The Syapse Clinical Analytics team is at the forefront of unlocking insights from this database to push forward the practice of precision medicine in cancer. We do so through direct querying of purpose-built databases to generate analytic outputs which are delivered to our partners across the healthcare ecosystem. These analytics often answer questions which were previously inaccessible.
About the role
Syapse is looking for a Sr. Clinical Data Analyst to accelerate the capabilities and delivery of this growing group.
The successful candidate is excited to dive deep into clinical data and support our mission to improve cancer care for all patients via precision medicine. You’ll enjoy solving the riddles associated with extracting insights from complicated healthcare concepts into digestible insights. You will be a self starter and team player, executing against multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and mission driven environment.
You’ll collaborate daily with a team of like-minded analysts eager to uncover valuable insights from our data. This involves querying our data and working with epidemiologists, informaticists, oncologists, product managers, software engineers, ontologists visualization specialists and other team members to generate reports, dashboards and other tools to our customers and partners.
What you bring to the table:
- You display a passion for our mission to improve cancer care for all patients via precision medicine.
- You are an effective communicator. You enjoy working with teams. You have strong attention to detail. You are a self-starter.
- You thrive in challenging and changing environments, working to uncover solutions and not only problems.
- You have a bachelor’s or advanced degree in quantitative field such as economics, statistics, epidemiology, engineering or other.
- You have 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- You have demonstrated proficiency with SQL, R, Python and/or other languages used for analytics and visualization of data.
Bonus points if you have:
- Healthcare / oncology specific experience
- Experience working with EHR, genomic or similar data sets
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Experience leading analytics teams
Benefits and perks
Competitive pay and ownership in the company
100% company paid medical, dental and vision for employees
Flexible time off
Transit assistance, Chariot service from Caltrain & Pre-tax commuter benefits.
Weekly catered lunches and office snacks
Company sponsored gym membership
After submitting an application a team member will reach out to you shortly. While each interview is unique to the role, our interview process typically consists of an introductory phone conversation with a recruiter, a second phone or video interview with a hiring manager or senior team member, a practical take home assessment and wraps up with a visit our to our office, usually lasting +/- 4-hours.
Have a quick question about the role? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply here.