POSITION: Civil Engineer
LOCATION: Radford, VA
Multi-disciplined firm with an established practice, which includes both public and private sector clientele, has an immediate opening for an experienced Civil Engineer in its Radford, Virginia office. The ideal candidate will have a civil or environmental engineering education/background with 4-10 years of experience in the industry as well as having a P.E. license.
- Applies educational knowledge/experience to the design of projects
- Manage and design engineering projects from conception to end with minimum supervision
- Direct and supervise design technicians
- Coordinate with clients, regulatory agencies and other entities
- Produce quality products in a timely manner meeting both the schedule and man-hours for the project.
- Direct communication with CAD technicians drafting projects and Project Managers.
- QA/QC of own designs and designs completed by others.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or other related engineering fields.
- PE license.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in using MS Word and Excel.
- Experience or classwork in water and sanitary sewer systems design (preferred)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Solid benefits