The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing safe and competent nursing care to persons who have acute and/or chronic conditions with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This position is accountable for providing prescribed medications and treatments, observing for changes in health conditions, following the plan of care and supporting active treatment programs including basic health care and activities of daily living. The LPN is works collaboratively with nursing and medical staff, interdisciplinary team members, other health care providers, families and guardians.
All applicants who may be appointed will be required to allow DHS to conduct a security background check to determine whether the circumstances of any conviction may be related to the job being filled.
All appointees will be required to receive a TB test, which will be administered by SWC or medical personnel approved by the facility prior to their start date.
Minimally qualified candidates will be:
- Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse eligible to practice in the State of Wisconsin in accordance to the Department of Safety & Professional Services
- Experience in providing prescribed medications and treatments
- Experience making pertinent visual observations indicative of illness or dysfunction
Well qualified candidates will have:
- Experience in the transcription of medical orders
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team