The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EHS) is the largest
secretariat in MA state government and is comprised of 12 agencies, in addition
to 2 soldiersâ homes and the MassHealth program. EHS services directly touch
the lives of slightly more than 1 in 4 residents in the Commonwealth â some of
our most vulnerable children, youth, adults, and elders. EHS provides access to
medical and behavioral health care, substance misuse treatment, long term
services and support, and nutritional and financial benefits to those with low
incomes. We connect elders, individuals with disabilities, and veterans with
employment opportunities, housing, and supportive services. We steer troubled
youth towards a more successful path and do everything possible to keep
children in our child welfare system safe. We support individuals who are
developmentally disabled, mentally ill, blind, deaf or hard of hearing.
About the Role:
looking for a creative and keen problem solver to join the Data Warehouse team
as a Data Warehouse System Analyst. The Data Warehouse System Analyst will work
to standardize and maintain implementation, configuration and support protocols
and documentation throughout the Data Warehouse. The Data Warehouse System Analyst
will partner with team members to receive and provide cross-training and backup
for shared applications and services. They will be responsible for maintaining
consistent service with little or no application downtime.
- Administer, configure &support SAS Grid for MassHealth Data Warehouse users
- Collaborate with agency partnersto manage shared SAS services
- Administer, configure, &support Tableau Server for MassHealth Data Warehouse users
- Collaborate with business usersand developers to implement Tableau solutions
- Administer and manageimplementation, maintenance & support of SFTP folders for internal andexternal customers
- Administer and manage internaland external requests for data warehouse access and permissions, whilesupporting data security and protection
- Crosstrain MassHealth DataWarehouse team members to support key administrative functions includingSAS Grid, Tableau, and SFTP
- Maintain and enhance documentation,workflows, and policies supporting SAS Grid, Tableau, and SFTP
- Provide excellent customerservice (email, telephone, and written correspondence) to all internal andexternal MassHealth Data Warehouse customers
- Provide ad-hoc and backup supportfor MassHealth Data Warehouse applications supporting ETL, Data Quality,Business Intelligence, and Analytics
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5 years of experience in DataWarehouse applications
- Working knowledge of SQL, SAS, andTableau
- BS in Computer Science or relateddegree, or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of SAS Gridadministration, configuration, and support
- Strong knowledge of datawarehouse principles and techniques
- Familiarity with BI tools (TableauServer) and ETL tools (Informatica)
- Familiarity with Oracle SQLskills and PL/SQL skills
- Experience providing technicalsupport and direction to non-technical customers
- Strong written and verbal communication;technically and non technically
- Ability to work independently andwithin a group setting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Medicaid, healthcare or claims dataexperience
- Familiaritywith X12 EDI (HIPAA) Standards
- AWS (Cloud) experience
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit and click on “Information for Job Applicants“.
As part of the hiring process, the Office of Human Resources will be verifying any college-level degrees conferred to the selected candidate. Additionally, any licensure required for the position will be verified. Information provided as part of the hiring process is subject to the Massachusetts Public Record Law and may be published on the Commonwealthâs website.
For questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 1-800-510-4122 and select option #2.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.