About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
Mega-talented with both motivating people and moving product, the Assistant Store Manager is the leader of the dispensary. This indispensable team member rallies and organizes our passionate team of Patient Care Specialists and loves grinding away at the details of record-keeping and logging data to keep the store blazing along from open to close. The Assistant Store Manager pays close attention to sales records and state and local regulations to make sure everything at the dispensary is always up to snuff.
- Provide best-in-class customer service.
- Lead the Patient Care team in accordance with GTI’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Follow established policies for sales and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining inventory levels, ensuring an assortment of product, and communicating inventory action items with the GM or Store Manager.
- Assist all patients and customers in making the right product choices by being knowledgeable of how different methods of cannabis consumption affect our patients differently. Suggest dosage starting points and upward titration for inexperienced patients.
- Complete and appropriately delegate (if applicable) tasks assigned during scheduled shift, including:
- Correct cash handling and discount application,
- Verification of proper paperwork, documentation, and ID for patients,
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point of Sale (POS) system,
- Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles in both the POS system and the regulatory electronic verification systems,
- Assistance in verifying order deliveries for accuracy,
- Security measures and safety compliance,
- Maintenance of an organized and clean store,
- Management of visitor log,
- Maintenance of open communication with the management team and other coworkers,
- Reporting of team member issues or patient situations.
- Work with General Manager and/or Store Manager to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly, and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations, including:
- Daily activities, maintenance, and patient information for any reported issues and/or complaints.
- Work with the Store Manager and/or the GM to properly onboard and train new Patient Care Specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Cannabis experience required.
- At least 2 years in a supervisory or management role in a retail setting, specifically with POS business operations.
- Must be proactive, with strong work ethic, attention to detail, and strong communication and leadership skills.
- Meet timelines consistently and be able to effectively work under pressure.
- Continuously open to constructive, developmental feedback.
- High level of interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment, often working cross functionally.
- Inventory control experience.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to use standard office equipment and computer software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and email.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must possess valid driver’s license or state ID.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over, and/or crouching.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.