Windows Desktop Specialist
Tangentia Queens, NY
Tangentia is a Premier IBM Business Partner & was also awarded as the fastest growing IBM Business Partners for 2012, 2013 & 2014. Our Head office is in Toronto, Canada with offices in US and India as well. You can learn more at www.tangentia.com
Tangentia is one of the key Implementation partners with IBM and works closely with IBM services groups like GBS, GTS, and ISSW. Tangentia is authorized to sell and implement all IBM software brands across USA, Canada & India. Some of our key strengths are around Identity & Access Management, IBM security, Sterling Commerce, Cognos, Tivoli, and WebSphere. Tangentia is also a key partner and works closely with the IBM training group.
We are hiring for the following positions, kindly send in your best resources
Role:Windows Desktop Specialist
Job ID :180510
Location: Montreal, QC
Interview Type: Phone & Skype
Windows Desktop Engineering Specialist 5 years of experience
(position is based in the Montreal office and no remote-work arrangements will be considered)
The Workspace Desktop Engineering Team is committed to delivering enterprise class Windows Desktop builds and are responsible for all aspects of the design, configuration and integration of the Windows Desktops into the firm.
The team is also responsible for the engineering of the firms browser and Office products along with other end user productivity tools and middleware.
With the introduction of Windows 10, the team is looking for a windows desktop engineering specialist to be able to contribute to many of the on-going initiatives in some of these areas and own engineering tasks from beginning to end.
The candidate will have a very strong technical foundation, a strategic mind-set, great communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with others in a truly global team.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Engineer toolset for capture of user state data and migration of this data to a new workstation
- Ensure solution meets the necessary security, supportability, and performance requirements
- Ensure we meet our internal client expectations around user experience
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
- Collaborate with operational counterparts to hand over solution
- Provide 3rd line escalation support to investigate & troubleshoot root causes.
- Dissemination of knowledge amongst peers.
- Contribute to other general desktop engineering tasks for both the Win7 and Win10 platforms.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience/knowledge of Windows operating systems, strong Powershell scripting skills, and experience using the Microsoft USMT toolset in an enterprise environment.
- Deep technical understanding of Windows Desktop x64 operating systems up to and including Windows 10
- Experience designing technical solutions to meet complex business requirements
- Experience using SCCM and the USMT tool - Scripting ability with PowerShell
- Experience in engineering large scale operating system migrations
- Knowledge of common Windows Infrastructure i.e. Active Directory/GPO
- Strong troubleshooting mind-set (i.e. parsing event log, Sysinternals tools, analyzing memory dumps etc).
- Experience of large scale desktop deployment tools and techniques in large distributed organizations.
- Some development experience/knowledge.
- Ability to write technical and operational management documentation (system design and engineering documents, operational runbooks).