- Provide Counsel to Assigned Clients.
- Provide clinical counseling services to assigned clients including initial assessment, treatment plan, and discharge planning in accordance with departmental procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in comprehensive interdisciplinary team treatment planning and activities as indicated or scheduled.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and coworkers as needed in order to ensure client needs are met.
- Assist in the enforcement of program rules and regulations.
- Plan and manage the dissemination of program schedules and other information relative to events and activities.
- Manage telephone inquiries and provide program information, including information on alternative providers.
- Maintain up to date database of referral information and resources.
- Refer applicants to alternative services (e.g. Detoxification Units, Rehab Programs, etc.) as needed.
- Perform all required documentation and data entry for assigned clients.
- Maintain good working relationships with all staff, clients and visitors
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Participate in Job Training and Education Programs, Meetings and Committees as assigned or indicated.
- Certified Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC).
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in the social services field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Knowledge of computer programs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- substance abuse: 1 year
- social service field: 3 years
Education: BA required; BSW preferred