The Learning and Development Senior
Associate will report to the Director of SCO’s Center for Professional Development and is responsible for working with
the Center for Professional Development
team to develop and implement agency-wide, and program specific, training
across the agency. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with
experience in both human/social services
and Learning and Development, who enjoy conducting classroom style training, coaching, as well as
collaboratively developing, updating and evaluating training for all facets of the agency; including but
not limited to foster care, early childhood, homeless services, preventive, developmental
disabilities, behavioral health, policies and best practices.
The successful candidate will have
knowledge of principles and methods of adult learning, and experience teaching and instructing
individuals and groups in a professional setting. Learning and Development
Senior Associates must be able to develop, plan, organize and facilitate training for employees using a variety of
instructional techniques or formats; such as role
playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or
lectures. The candidate should have excellent
oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English
language including the meaning and spelling of
words, rules of composition,
and grammar is required.
The successful candidate should have strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office
Suite and/or standard software applications typically used in a corporate office
environment. In addition; the candidate must be able to develop relationships
with program leadership, develop, implement and deliver training modules using
a variety of training techniques, and should be experienced working with
computer based training software and learning management systems. This position
requires a candidate to monitor, evaluate, and record training activities for
comprehensive, programmatic training to all employees for SCO Family of
development of training materials/curricula including participant workbooks,
facilitator guides, powerpoint, training handouts, pre/post-tests, etc.
Leverage technology, expertise
and relationships to contribute to department goals and drive results.
internal subject matter experts to write and organize content for requested
Work with CPD
leadership to identify and implement effective evaluation processes to
accurately measure training effectiveness and transfer of learning/skills.
present at annual conference and other external training events as needed.
Participate in train
the trainer and instructor walk-through activities.
Evaluate and update
existing training materials.
information and attendance current.
Some evening and
weekend training with a flexed schedule.
professional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Development Core Competencies:
- Knowledgemanagement ensures: advocating access to knowledge, collaboration,facilitation of social learning, establishment of a knowledge culture,leveraging technology, transformation of knowledge into learning
- Competentfacilitation ensures: the environment is conducive to learning, learnersare as engaged in learning as possible, opportunities to interact andpractice are optimized, special needs of individuals and groups arerespected, achievement of learning objectives is assessed, and thefacilitator appropriately represents the organization.
- Appropriate use ofexperiential exercises ensures: increased awareness, helps modify attitudes andchallenge misconceptions, and facilitates learning and mastery of bothknowledge and skills.
- Competentsupport for transfer of learning ensures: materials to support transferare designed and developed, coaches, supervisors and mentors are preparedto support transfer of learning, facilitator’s position content andactivities to support the transfer of learning.
- Apply a varietyof learning technologies to address specific learning needs, usetechnology effectively across different areas of expertise, identify whenand how to use technology as a training and development solution.
- Demonstration of professionalism and ethics ensures training and development staff maintain standards for dress, organization, and preparation for training. In addition, the trainer demonstrates, models, and incorporates into practice the values, ethics and standards of the human services profession and SCO.
- BA/BS in relatedhuman services field required; AND10 years of experience in the human/social services field; AND 3 years of experience providing educational, training orinstructional services in a functional area.OR
- Master’s Degree inrelated human services field; AND 5years of experience in the human/social services field; AND at least 1 year of experience providing educational, trainingor instructional services in a functional area.
- Ability to workindependently in a project driven environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstratedknowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Windows OperatingSystems, etc.
- Ability to work in adiverse environment
Preference will be given to candidates who, in addition to meeting the
minimum qualifications, demonstrate some or all of the following
- Master’s Degree in human services field AND 10 years of experience in the field.
- Licensed Clinician- LMFT, LMHC, LMSW, LCSW, etc.
- Work experience thatrequired basic knowledge of Online Learning Management Systems (Relias,Cornerstone, etc).
- Experience withe-Learning software and Go-To-Training/Webinar platforms.
- Theability to speak, write, and translate in Spanish is a plus, but notrequired.
SCO Family of Services is an equal opportunity employer