AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
This Intern position will rotate between various departments over three week periods to gain operational knowledge of AEG Presents Sponsorship, Marketing, Ticketing, Venue Operations, Touring, and Booking for a 12-week program.
- Interns will rotate among several departments over 3-week periods. Participating departments include Global Partnerships, Marketing, Ticketing, Venue Operations, Booking and Production.
- Interns will shadow and assist various department and perform tasks assigned by department liaisons. Assigned tasks can include, but are not limited to, socials and ad packs, show advancement, load-in and sound check.
- Interns must complete 2 activities per rotation. Activities can include but are not limited to attending a show, attending load-in, shadowing in the box office, and/or attending soundcheck.
- Interns will work on preparing an end of semester presentation to the Department Liaisons and/or Human Resources Representative on a relevant topic of their choosing.
- Sets realistic goals and is willing to work closely with department supervisors to reach those goals utilizing the Internship Goals & Objectives form.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- Years of related work experience: 0-1
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and projects at once
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and cultivate relationships
- Team players that are enthusiastic and committed to the work.
- Demonstrates strong interest in music industry and music business.
- Must be fully capable and proficient in Microsoft Office/Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Regular attendance and hours in conformance with the standards, which may be established by AEG from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company including working event nights and event weekends
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.