Requisition Number: EXTER01174
Innovative Reasoning, LLC is recruiting for a Subject Matter Expert in the operational expertise in deployment and employment of ground combat, aviation support arms, and combat service support units and related equipment. Must posses functional knowledge of Marine Corps and joint/combined Planning Process and joint doctrine related to Maneuver.
- Possesses detailed and functional knowledge of the Marine Corps and joint/combined Planning Process and joint doctrine related to Maneuver.
- Conducts tactical and operational planning at the conceptual, functional, and detailed levels for service and functional component organizations and joint headquarters organizations in the area of emphasis.
- Advises and performs the functional responsibilities of event billets that may include but are not limited to General and Joint staff sections for service and functional component headquarters and Joint Force Headquarters per area of emphasis.
- Performs research of concepts and plans and conducts analysis of factual data.
- Prepares reports, briefs, and documents to support event scenario development and higher and adjacent headquarters functions.
- Participates in and conducts reviews and structured walk-throughs of events, operation orders and plans, and information gathering requirements.
- On occasion, is expected to prepare lesson plans and seminars.
- Provides instruction to Field Grade and General Officers.
- Creates and edits documents, analyzes problem areas, and suggests feasible solutions.
- Attends conferences and meetings at the resident site and other locations off site.
- Assists in reviewing classified material and recommends a lesser classification for use in events, models, simulations, demonstrations, reports, and briefings.
- Works closely with the MSTP IMA Detachment during the development and execution of MEFEX/MEBEXs and LSEs.
- Assists the MSTP IMA Detachment with exercise information, systems training/familiarization, and role-playing responsibilities.
- Adjusts work hours and External Elements ESMD billet description as necessary to support fully functional 24 hour continuous operations during events.
- Performs those duties listed under Military Analyst and is prepared to assume the role of an event OTC to support the MSTP MAGTF Branch when required.
- Reviews, revises, writes, and provides comments on Marine Corps and joint doctrine documents, best practices, and TTP not currently covered by doctrine (i. e., Marine Corps Interim Publication, MSTP Pamphlet).
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Bachelor's degree is required; major in operations research, management, military science, or equivalent area is desired.
- Minimum three years of experience in military training and education.
- Attendance at Intermediate Level School such as Marine Corps CSC or completion of equivalent nonresident course required.
- Attendance at SAW or Top Level School is preferred.
- Minimum eight years of operational experience in deployment and employment of ground combat, aviation, supporting arms, and combat service support units and related equipment.
- Minimum three years of demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command level as measured by actual operational force employment experience.
- Minimum two years of experience developing databases and conducting exercises or analysis efforts.
- Direct participation in real world operations is desired.