Sea Mar Community Health Centers was founded in 1978 with a single clinic in the South Park neighborhood of Seattle. Today, Sea Mar is Washington’s largest provider of community-based, comprehensive health care with over 30 Behavioral Health clinics along the Puget Sound. We are looking for mission driven providers dedicated to serving underserved and diverse communities.
The outpatient Psychiatric ARNP is responsible for providing psychiatric services to clients in Sea Mar’s outpatient Behavioral Health sites and in Sea Mar’s medical clinics. The clients served in the Behavioral Health Program have access to counseling and case management services, in addition to the psychiatric services provided by the Psychiatric ARNP. The clients seen at the medical clinics by the Psychiatric ARNP will be seen for evaluation and medication follow-up. The Psychiatric ARNP does not provide counseling services.The Psychiatric ARNP will work collaboratively with staff to provide team-based coordinated care.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Face to face psychiatric evaluations with client/patients to determine psychiatric diagnosis.
- Ongoing medication review services to assess the effects of prescribed medication.
- Consultation with Behavioral Health clinical staff and Sea Mar medical clinic providers to review cases and provide recommendations about diagnosis, medications, and other treatment considerations.
- Phone availability for emergency review of medications and their effects, or for refilling prescriptions. Phone consultation with Sea Mar physicians so that they can prescribe initial medications until such time as clients can been seen for a face to face for psychiatric/medication review and possible entry into mental health services.
- Chart documentation of psychiatric evaluations, medication reviews, and any other client contacts.
Qualifications and Skills
- Licensed in Washington State
- Board Certified
- A current DEA certificate
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish is preferred but not required
- Prior community health experience
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Relocation allowance
- Robust ancillary staff
- Generous paid time off
- Annual CME allowance
- Occurrence based malpractice insurance
- Dental, medical and vision benefits
- Loan repayment options (all sites have a HPSA score of at least 18)
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and friendly team of compassionate providers!