Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Full-time position available for our Puyallup Medical Clinic. Sea Mar Community Health Centers is accredited by The Joint Commission and recognized by the National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) level III.
The Nurse Manager works in conjunction with Clinic Manager and Clinical Director in daily operations of the clinic. Nurse Manager oversees clinical and administrative supervision of all the nursing personnel in the clinic. Ideal candidates will be empathetic, calm, passionate, and motivated to make a difference. They will know the Social Determinants of health, what that means in Community Health Care, and how that is different from other health care facilities.
- Manage and evaluate approximately 10-12 Medical Assistants (MA), including MA supervisors
- Implement nursing policies and procedures in collaboration with the Medical Director and Health Center Administrator to meet Sea Mar’s standards, philosophy, and governmental regulations.
- Perform monthly audits (NPSG audits, etc.…) and demonstrate knowledge of State and Federal Regulations as they apply to health centers or hospitals
- Focus clinic efforts on quality measures, HEDIS, and Meaningful Use standards
- Provide annual MA trainings (Infection control, sterilization techniques, etc.…)
- Lead hiring efforts for any MAs and participate in the hiring of other support staff
- Oversee and maintain a patient care system of nurse only visits.
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and team building skills are a must. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be a Registered Nurse, B.S.N., LPN or equivalent and licensed to practice nursing in the State of Washington.
- Two-Three years of experience in nursing supervision as well as organizational and budget management experience.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), listening, and team building abilities a must.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Strong Leadership abilities and coaching skills.
- An eagerness to learn.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and self-motivated attitude a plus.
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career. Employees working 30 or more hours receive an excellent benefit package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employment Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 27 days per year plus 10 paid Holidays. We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Esmeralda Switzer at EsmeraldaSwitzer@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 06/18/2019