Assistant Vice President / Senior Loan Originator
Reports To: Regional Vice President, A U M C
This is a Supervisory Position
Functions Supervised: Mortgage Loan Originators and Office Operations
Primary Functions: Originate mortgage loans and manage branch office operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell mortgage loan services to the real estate community and promote the general business interests of the company.
- Foster positive office interactions and model successful sales techniques to improve professional image and market visibility in the mortgage lending industry.
- Develop and maintain loan referral relationships with professionals in real estate, accounting, legal and financial planning fields.
- Ensure all mortgage loan originators are originating, disclosing and/or re-disclosing accurately and timely within all established regulatory compliance requirements and timeframes.
- Interview buyers/applicants and originate investor mortgage loans. Accept applications and input them to the origination system, provide required estimates and disclosures and gather required documentation and fees to process mortgage loans.
- Ensure accurate processing is completed in a timely manner and prepare for submission to underwriting.
- If the loan is approved, take final steps to ensure a smooth closing. If the loan is declined, verbally advise the borrower and issue applicable refunds. Return any documents not pertaining to credit.
- Manage the operations of the branch office including recruitment and supervision of staff.
- Conduct sales presentations for real estate agents as necessary to enhance business relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in Business Administration with advanced industry courses in real estate lending.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Three to five years of progressive sales and/or industry related real estate lending management experience in addition to at least three years at the loan officer/originator level. Advanced industry courses in real estate lending desirable.
Experience/Skills: Strong attention to detail and ability to perform industry related analysis required. Strong selling and communications skills. At least three years experience in mortgage originations. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of real estate lending including knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations, and programs. Proven ability to develop sources of mortgage loan application business. Good verbal communication skills with an ability to resolve conflict and promote cooperation and positive morale. Previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
Tenure: Not applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer