Department: Patient Access
Job Title: Patient Access Representative
Weekends Required: yes, as needed
Under the direction of the Patient Access Manager, the Patient Access Representative is responsible for obtaining and verifying patient demographic information, insurance, and other information for various hospital records. Informs patients of hospital and regulatory policies in regards to patient care and collection practices. Functions as the communication liaison of patient services, as appropriate from pre-cert to admission.
- Responsible for front end revenue cycle management by registration of patients for Emergency, Scheduled Outpatient and Inpatient procedures. Requires extensive knowledge of all insurance and demographic information which drives the revenue cycle.
- Responsible for switchboard operations including emergency operations procedures.
- Greets patients, relatives or patient representatives as the communication liaison for patient services and information.
- Responsible for current and new regulatory requirements for state, federal, and commercial payors.
- Responsible for ABN and co-payment collection practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of Healthcare Insurance preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Day Kimball Healthcare is a non-profit, integrated medical services provider comprised of Day Kimball Hospital, healthcare centers in Danielson, Dayville, Plainfield and Putnam, Day Kimball HomeCare, Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern CT, Day Kimball HomeMakers, and Day Kimball Medical Group. Its service area includes Northeast Connecticut as well as nearby Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities. Day Kimball Healthcare's comprehensive network offers more than 1,400 employees including nearly 300 associated, highly-skilled physicians, surgeons and specialists. Its website is daykimball.org.
Day Kimball Healthcare is an Affirmative Action / equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Day Kimball Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Day Kimball Healthcare is a smoke free campus