Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Portfolio & Business Development
- The Manager, Portfolio & Business Development position is part of the central U.S. Issuer Business Development team. The team is responsible for: optimizing economics across the portfolio, developing a scalable and consistent RFP process, identifying and executing on business development opportunities in partnership with our Client Account Managers, and working closely with the US strategy and analytics team to drive deep analytical insights into the Issuer organization.
- The Manager, Portfolio and Business Development will shape and lead several key cross-issuer initiatives with the Senior Vice President, Portfolio & Business Development and President, U.S. Issuers, including:
- Development and execution of segment-specific strategies to enable revenue and volume growth
- Leading and executing against key strategic initiatives for the business unit
- Development of key tools, processes, and analytics to improve our sales force effectiveness and efficiency (e.g., optimization, RFP factory) to drive in-market results
- Lead and manage 1-2 Sales Analysts
- This position reports into the Senior Vice President, Portfolio & Business Development
Among the role's responsibilities:
- Enable Business Growth: Investigate and explore opportunities to grow the U.S. Issuing business, based on customer performance reporting and Account Manager input, including:
- Business development opportunities to gain share
- Growth strategies to optimize customer and MA profitability across debit, credit and other business lines
- Opportunities to sell new products & services to existing customers
- Develop strategy and drive to execution
- Champion key strategic initiatives on a project/as-needed basis
- Develop/refine segment strategies and execute with sales team and key partners
- Manage alignment with the overall NAM and global strategy with regard to strategic priorities, growth objectives and profit contribution.
- Drive effectiveness and efficiency across the sales force.
- Leverage analytical problem solving and project management skills to design, develop, and implement new frameworks and tools to enable higher sales performance
All About You
- In depth understanding of the payments industry.
- Ability to develop and maintain high quality relationships across key stakeholders (e.g., Finance, Product, Marketing, Legal, etc.)
- Financial/business acumen.
- Demonstrated multi-disciplinary knowledge, i.e. product development, business development, marketing, operations, risk, and emerging technologies.
- Consultative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation capabilities and demonstrated influencing skills.
- Superior presentation skills, communication skills.
- Be able to understand and leverage payments technology and innovation to drive results.
- Ability work effectively in a highly matrixed organization
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.