Position Summary & Description
This position is posted in accordance with the (SCUPA) Collective Bargaining Unit.
The College of Education and Communications, Office of Educator Preparation at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, invites applicants for a temporary, part-time Clinical Services Specialist (SUA 2) position to begin January 2020. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of field and clinical placements for all educator preparation programs across campus, attend and participate in various meetings at IUP and across the state of Pennsylvania, and perform other duties in collaboration with the Dean's Associates for Educator Preparation. Persons applying for this position must have a master's degree in a related field and experience in public and/or higher education.
- Master's Degree in Education or Related Field
- Five years of experience in education, teacher education, or related field
- Experience with a field placement process
Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment.
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Automated reference requests will be generated when application is submitted by applicant.
Official transcripts will be required prior to hire for the selected candidate.
Applications must be received no later than December 17, 2109. You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
Please do not fax, mail or e-mail any documentation.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.