METER Group, Inc. USA is looking for an entry-level Firmware to join our product development team. You will work with a team of software and hardware engineers to design IIoT sensing and control systems that are used for decision support and automation in the crop production industry. Prior experience developing code for embedded sensing and control systems is an added advantage.
METER's headquarters is located in Eastern Washington with unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: no traffic, country space, great schools and universities, safe neighborhoods, and easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests.
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify firmware using high-level languages (C, C++, Python) and assembly code
- Contribute to product success through consistent on-time delivery of high quality, functioning firmware code
- Contribute to and maintain design and user documentation
- Test and validate embedded systems
- Translate customer feedback into product design decisions, features, and functionality
- Collaborate and communicate with coworkers and development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Ability to translate product requirements into robust firmware code and architecture
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Excellent programming skills in C language
- Familiarity with embedded Linux
- Knowledge of any ARM architecture or similar
- Excellent debugging skills
- Ability to read and interpret PCB schematics and layouts for code development purposes
- Experience in hardware-oriented firmware development
- Experience with electrical tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, and soldering)
- Familiarity with assembly code in one or more microcontroller families
- Effective communication skills among a cross-functional team
- Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- Willingness to work at the METER Group HQ office located at Pullman, WA.
- Background check results satisfactory to METER Group
- Scripting experience (Python preferred)
- Understanding of wireless technologies (BLE, ZigBee, Thread, LPWAN)
- Understanding of embedded systems and good at RTOS concepts
To Apply for This Position:
If your interests, qualifications, and experience match any of our openings please apply for that position so that you are considered immediately. You may also subscribe at our careers page so that we email you when we have openings in your area of interest.
METER is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.