We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for an accomplished and well-rounded Senior Systems Engineer with an impressive Information Technology background. The individual will join a highly-skilled fast paced team and will be responsible for supporting key aspects of corporate IT Operations. We take a customer first approach to everything we do, and never settle for anything less than world class.
- You have senior level experience (3-5 years) in a customer facing IT support role and understand that attitude is everything. Our Senior Systems Engineers have strong specialized skills, value working collaboratively, and are multifaceted in many areas of IT. Our ideal candidate takes security and customer privacy seriously. We love being a nimble startup, but we do not cut corners when it comes to data and infrastructure integrity.
- You are the sort of person who thrives in a fast-moving, quickly changing atmosphere.
- You understand, are excited by, and ideally have experienced the challenges of a start-up.
- You are a self starter with experience working independently
- You have a strong focus on team collaboration and customer service
- No task is too small or large
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Strong end user support skills
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- IT Support Desk and proven track record with SLA’s
- Laptop imaging/provisioning experience
- Okta and Active Directory experience
- 5+ years Mac/Windows Desktop and Server Administration
- Mobile Device Management administration (JAMF, Chrome Management, etc)
- Shell and Python Scripting experience
- Cloud application management (G Suite, Slack, Github, Atlassian Suite, etc)
- Palo Alto Networks, Cisco and other related networking technologies
- Experience with VLANs, VPNs, DNS, DHCP, WiFi, and integrating corporate networks with cloud operations
- VoIP and cloud PBX experience (Genesys Purecloud and Zendesk)
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Familiar with the Agile methodology and best practices (Scrum, Sprints, Kanban, etc)
- You have experience in cloud operations (we use AWS)
- You have experience with configuration management (we use Puppet & Terraform)
- Salary: ($80k-$120k annually) We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience and talent. We are unable to offer equity.
- Benefits: Full medical, wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO + 6 weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance.
- Location: Providence, RI
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.