With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
- 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes
- 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
CBIZ & MHM New England (formerly CBIZ Tofias) is part of the 10th largest accounting*, tax, and advisory services provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in Providence and Boston and have over 200 people, including 40 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions.
This position will provide service to one or more client entities or client investors and will contribute as a key member of the Private Equity Revenue team. This is a new position that will likely expand in responsibility as this segment of our business grows and will potentially assume day to day supervision of other administrative resources on this team.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
For Client Entities: provide tax operational support
- Facilitate standardized permanent files: includes IRS forms Forms SS-4, 8832, 2848 and W-8/9 as well as Withholding Foreign Partnership applications and the OECD's Entity Self-Certification
- Maintain files to ease Form W-8/9 & Self-Certification provision at account opening
- Process changes in circumstance (i.e. name/address change) effects on perm file documents for reissuance
- Process & track IRS GIIN Registrations & Cancellations
- Process & track Local Country (ex. Cayman Islands) GIIN Enrollments
- Monitor timely IRS F-1042, 8804 and FATCA/CRS annual filings: run reports, track progress, facilitate provisions and aid notice receipt/process/responses
For Client Investors
- Participate in stages of on-boarding and transfers of interest, timely reviewing subscription documents for completion
- Manage processing of sub docs through investor systems, understand data entry requirements
- Monitor investor changes in circumstance, and form expiration, to plan and conduct solicitations as needed
- Coordinate with offshore resources, as available, to delegate workload and review processed assignments
General Client Service Duties: support Private Equity clients and team members
- Manage trackers and follow up as necessary to ensure internal/external deadlines are met
- Research and compile miscellaneous requests for information
- Contribute to the function of the Tax Department as needed: communicate with third parties, prepare general correspondence, perform data entry, print, scan, fax, mail, etc.
- Prior experience in the public accounting industry or a professional services environment
- Prior supervisory experience
- Professional discretion and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat DC
- Prior knowledge of tax accounting software, examples could include: CaseWare, CCH Axcess, Practice Engine, Concur, XCM, Investran, Workday
- Bachelor's degree
Minimum Qualifications Required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 3 years of accounting experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Must maintain current required licenses and certifications relevant to field of expertise.
- Proficient use of applicable technology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.