Mobile Service Writer
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Dickinson Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Dickinson Fleet Services (DFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
DFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. DFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
The Mobile Service Writer (“MSW”) is responsible for the efficient and accurate processing of estimates, repair orders (“RO”), and invoices for the Mobile maintenance division at Dickinson Fleet Services. The MSW key metrics include revenue and margin achievement, invoice accuracy, RO cycle time, and WIP aging. The MSW is responsible for developing estimates, reviewing and improving ROs, preparing ROs for final invoicing, and closing the invoice. The MSW acts as a vital team member in the DFS Major Market (“MM”) organization and will interface daily with the MM Leader, Technician Team Lead, Customer Experience, and members of corporate functions. As the conduit for RO-to-Invoicing, the MSW must act with a sense of continuous improvement, focusing on improving RO-to-Invoice efficiency as well as identifying and eliminating opportunities for error.
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Develop and deliver high quality estimates to DFS customers and technicians.
- Improve RO quality by identifying weak points (e.g., the story, missing information, incorrect information), edit ROs such that customer disputes are eliminated while DFS invoices full amount for service provided.
- Optimize the RO-to-Invoice process by working within Major Market to address inefficiencies.
- Actively manage WIP to reduce cycle time, accelerate RO-to-cash cycle, and resolve customer disputes.
- Collaborates with other MMs, our technicians, and members of DFS organizations to define value-add activities, address areas of improvement, and ensure company goals are met.
- Ensures work is performed in alignment with our company’s values; integrity and safety being at the forefront. Communicate with internal operation teams to develop consistent support for the customer base.
- Reviews PM Sheets submitted by technicians and formulates estimates to send to customers on any follow-up work required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to create estimates in line with varying customer needs and expectations of cost, quality, and lead time.
- Ability to solve problems related directly to RO and invoice processing as well as general problems related to processes and maintenance practices.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the MM to achieve objectives.
- Ability to act with a high sense of urgency and employ excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Understanding of the RO process, the IT systems used by DFS, and the language of maintenance as it pertains to the DFS customer base.
- A demonstrated skill and interest in continuous improvement of processes.
- Ethics & Values: Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches.
- Action Oriented: Has a sense of urgency daily; is action oriented; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Customer (Technician) Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customers/technicians in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers/technicians and gains their trust and respect.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a highest level of accomplishment.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he disagrees.
- Systems: Demonstrated ability to learn and use IT systems related to the repair and invoicing processes at DFS, including Karmak, Excel, TRAIT, and other systems.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.