Requisition Number: BERLI01357
Berlitz is a global leadership training and language education company headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey. The company was founded in 1878 by Maximilian Berlitz in Providence, Rhode Island. Berlitz has 547 company-owned and franchised locations in more than 74 countries and a leading virtual campus that provides global coverage to our students.
We are looking for a technical product manager for our new asynchronous learning platform that combines both online self-paced activities and personalized lessons with instructors. It is a global digital product that is critical for a larger product strategy. This platform is the connection between our content development teams exceptional work, the Berlitz method and structured, experience instructor led coaching sessions. The Product Manager will also lead the development of a highly scalable platform that enables growth of current and future products and services as Berlitz enters new markets, expands its product portfolio, and builds more digital products
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and deliver a product vision, strategy and roadmap for Berlitz’s digital learning products
- Work cross functionally between product, engineering, content development and Instructional Support teams to facilitate and own new product development.
- Deeply understand students learning journeys to incrementally improve the customer experience
- Work with engineering teams to deliver a scalable product platform that not just meets current needs, but considers future growth scenarios
- Use agile methodologies to write user stories, plan and drive the software development of features.
- Manage and communicate dependencies with other teams.
- Prioritize between new features, bug fixes and architectural improvements
- 3+ years of product management experience, with preferred experience building external customer facing applications, educational products a big plus
- Clear understanding of critical path and core project management concepts.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodologies including sprint planning
- Ability to successfully work with cross range of teams including engineering, UX/UI finance, sales and marketing and content development
- A deep understanding of digital technologies used to develop real-time web sites and mobile applications
- Very effective communicator, good at arbitration and quickly gathering consensus within project teams spanning a breadth of disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and value product quality and impact
- Preferred: Digital learning products experience