The Promotions Director reports directly to the Market President, but is expected to work directly on a day-to-day basis equally with the Operations Manager and Director of Sales, and is responsible for working with the programming, sales, and live events departments, by being the driving force behind organizing and coordinating promotional events, arranging on-air contests, creating/executing sales programs, increasing the visibility of the station in the community, collecting, organizing and distributing contesting prizes, and coordinating promotional on-air activity. This person will also host the afternoon drive shift on WPST, so they will need to be. a visionary who loves to entertain, engage, and play a vital role in the community, and you have a proven track record of having done so.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focus on our station’s presence in the local community.
- Continuous brainstorming, suggesting and devising of creative ideas for contesting, promotions and events that generate revenue and drive ratings.
- Work with the sales team to brainstorm, create and execute customized client partnership programs.
- Hire and manage promotions part time staff and interns.
- Plan, execute and track revenue-generating marketing and promotional events and contesting that take place on-air, online and on-site.
- Implement all aspects of on-air contesting. Work with digital team to coordinate online contesting.
- Create client promotions and promotional proposals with OM and DOS.
- Have stations on the street making an impact, whether a paid sales event or if there isn’t a sales event scheduled on a weekend, make a plan to have our stations out doing something every weekend.
- Participate at station promotional events as necessary, including set-up and breakdown of promotional equipment and materials.
- Vehicle maintenance: Make sure the vehicles are always clean, loaded, and ready for the next event. We should always be ready to roll to a last-minute opportunity. Ensure vehicles are properly maintained (oil changes, tire pressure, wiper blades, gasoline, etc.).
- Take ownership of the promotional process and see projects through to the end.
- Plan and execute meaningful promotions meetings. Manage and drive the flow of promotion-related communication. Recap events of the previous week at promo meetings.
- Schedule and coordinate station talent at promotional events.
- Plan out in advance a calendar of large community events, and develop an involvement plan.
- Manage the promotions budget by working with the Business and Market Managers
- Host PM Drive Shift.
- Create content for station website.
- The right candidate will need to be Solution oriented- good problem solving skills in a high energy environment.
- An energetic and outgoing 'people person”
- Must be very well organized and manage time well.
- Should have a record of excelling in a team environment and have strong computer and graphic art literacy, and solid writing abilities.
- Supervisory experience since this person will be overseeing a department.
- Prior experience working in marketing or promotions within the same or a similar industry is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years on air experience is required. Preferably on a Top 40 station.
- The candidate will able to connect and engage with the station’s target audience by keeping up with relevant trends and pop culture.
- Candidate should be digital savvy for blogging, social media posting and video content.
Must include an mp3 air check along with your resume to be considered.
Townsquare is a radio, digital media, entertainment and digital marketing solutions company principally focused on being the premier local advertising and marketing solutions platform in small and mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 320 radio stations and more than 330+ local websites in 67 U.S. markets, a digital marketing solutions company (Townsquare Interactive), a proprietary digital programmatic advertising platform (Townsquare Ignite) and approximately 200 live events with over one million attendees each year. Our brands include local media assets such as WYRK, KLAQ, K2 and NJ101.5; iconic regional and national events such as the Taste of Country Music Festival, WE Fest, Country Jam, the Boise Music Festival, the Red Dirt BBQ & Music Festival and Taste of Fort Collins; and leading tastemaker music and entertainment websites such as XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com and Loudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.