EAG Laboratories is currently seeking an Instrumentation Electrical Engineer to work within the Materials Sciences service group at our Princeton, NJ location. We are a global scientific services company operating at the intersection of science, technology, and business. Our Materials Sciences division provides expertise in surface analysis, composition and contamination measurement, trace elemental analysis, and advanced microscopy to support commercial initiatives across a broad spectrum of industries.
- Evaluate and design analog and digital subsystems used in surface analytical instrumentation (SIMS, XPS, Auger)
- Troubleshoot and repair electronics and peripheral equipment (ultra-high vacuum equipment, computer interfaces and embedded controls).
- Identify and collaborate with suppliers to develop new technologies for system upgrades.
- Assist with development and implementation of computer-based service management system.
- Future projects for this position include development of next generation ion sources and analyzer technology with supporting electronic controls for our secondary ion mass spectroscopy (SIMS) systems.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, physics, or commensurate experience
- Prior experience in design and troubleshooting of analog and digital circuitry
- Computer proficiency with basic understanding of control and interface technology
- Strong mechanical skills with the ability to work with precision assemblies
- Mechanical and electrical CAD experience
- Ability to work independently with effective problem solving skills
Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or five years of experience in designing and troubleshooting analog and digital electronics.
EAG is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and comprehensive workforce on the basis of merit and experience. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion or similar philosophical beliefs, disability, marital and civil union status, age, genetic information, veteran status or any personal attribute or characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
© Copyright 2016 EAG Inc. All Rights Reserved