Working closely with IT colleagues to provide data domain expertise to enable data integration and analytics platforms to Translational Medicine / Precision Medicine scientists who represent a continuum of biomarker scientists to pharmacodiagnostic development specialists supporting early, late and marketed product teams that help deliver asset/indication biomarker, stratification and diagnostic strategies.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills to establish strong partnership, trust and rapport with senior leaders and scientists Translational Medicine.
- Recognized as a thought leader and trusted advisor in Translational Medicine IT; Influences the strategic thinking of senior business leaders, and, helps business leaders to include future digital capabilities into their planning; perceived as a capable leader who plans and delivers digital capabilities, safeguards their digital assets and supports their strategic goals.
- Drive the development of realistic and actionable multi-year strategic digital capability roadmaps, informed and prioritized by business and IT in an enterprise context.
- Lead the prioritization and development of strong and clear business cases for digital capability investments in support of the roadmap and aligned with the platform strategy.
- Articulate the need of TM business functions to appropriate IT groups including Integrated Data Management, Business Intelligence and Analytics, domain/enterprise architecture and to ensure that integrated, scalable and scientifically robust solutions are implemented
- Drive change - ensures effective planning, execution and communication of business change management to support digital capability investments, including business process changes to achieve maximum value from investments.
- Build proposals for technology capabilities supporting technology solutions for Precision Medicine that meet near-term and long-term needs, and define detailed requirements for those capabilities.
- Own the ultimate delivery of value to the scientific user base. Responsible for building and managing effective business partnership at all levels during project execution. Fully accountable for delivering the value proposition of IT.
- Provide project management leadership where necessary.
- Empowers build & run teams: Understands IT business partner accountabilities throughout the plan/build/run cycle, and builds empowered and trusting partnerships with IT build & run team members at all levels.
- Ensure that the build & run teams make the right trade-offs between speed, quality and cost and that the value is being captured from the entire lifecycle of the IT investment
- MS or PhD or advanced scientific degree, in one of the following: basic sciences, computational sciences, biomedical informatics, or research informatics, with deep expertise in relevant informatics/IT platforms and solutions
- At least 5-years of experience in implementing solutions for experimental scientists in discovery or translational research labs
- An understanding of fundamental cancer biology and/or immunoscience, for meaningful partnership with Precision Medicine scientists.
- Broad knowledge of molecular biomarker platforms is desirable. This should include but is not limited to: genomics and genetic assays, protein-based assays, immunoassays, and imaging-based assays.
- Deep knowledge of biomedical data integration is required.
- Experience with scientific data analysis and data visualization platforms
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Excellent communications skill