As Controller, you’ll monitor the company’s financial status, review quarterly and annual budgets and manage accounting transactions. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with corporate tax.
- Document, monitor and update accounting policies
- Ensure all payments are completed on time (including accounts payable and bank deposits)
- Review quarterly and annual budgets for all departments
- Analyze costs and profits
- Set and track financial KPIs
- Build risk assessment models to evaluate investments
- Report on financial status on a regular basis and create ad-hoc reports when needed
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing systems
- Perform internal audits and assist with external audits
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax regulations
- Work experience as a Controller or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and legislation
- Hands-on experience with general ledger accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Experience with cash management and risk assessment
- Good knowledge of accounting software
- Experience implementing or upgrading accounting software systems
- Knowledge of corporate tax provision preparation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- BSc or MSc in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- RBmedia offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Casual dress code
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Holidays that include the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and more!
RBmedia is a global leader in spoken audio content and digital media distribution technology that reaches millions of consumers — at home, in the car, and wherever their mobile devices take them. We produce exclusive titles and deliver the finest digital content and information—including audiobooks, educational courses, entertainment titles, and much more. We're the largest audiobook producer in the world and in 38 countries worldwide. The explosive growth of audiobooks supports our ongoing growth goals not only as a publisher, but also as a digital content provider. We're an innovator in the industry and at the intersection of all the hottest trends and markets—including mobile, digital content, digital audio, and smart speakers.
RBmedia is an equal opportunity employer.