Behavioral Health Counselor / Therapist
Cutting edge residential program for substance abuse/ behavioral health adult clients is searching for a Counselor / Therapist to join their team. In this role you will support a caseload of 10-12 clients as they complete their 30-90 day treatment in this collaborative and supportive environment. Using a combination of modern techniques for the successful rehabilitation of clients, they provide a safe, secure environment to help people achieve lifelong sobriety.
We have two shifts available -
M-F 8-5 (4pm on Fri)
Evening M-F (11:30-8:30pm w/ hour lunch)
Excellent salary, benefits and the chance to join an outstanding team!
- Facilitate therapy and psychoeducational groups as assigned.
- Provide one-on-one counseling to assigned clients
- Conduct clinical intakes for incoming clients within established time frames.
- Coordinate client care with the treatment team in an effective and timely manner
- Provide family members designated by the client with weekly updates on progress;
- Meet the licensure requirements of the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examinersby completing continuing education and supervision hours.
- Masters degree and licensed, or eligible for licensure, by the AZBBHE (preferred) or Bachelors degree in social work, Counseling, or Marriage & Family Therapy with masters degree in process.
- Two or more years of full-time direct work experience
- Must be knowledgeable about the role of Family of Origin issues, Family Systems Theory and trauma in the development and treatment Alcohol/Drug Abuse.
- Must be knowledgeable about therapeutic models used to treat drug/alcohol abuse, able to identify personal theoretical approach to therapy.