Federal Work Study Assistant | Electrical and Computer Engineering-1
Prairie View A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
The Federal Work-Study Assistant, under general supervision, will assist the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering by providing assistance with daily operations.
- Answer telephones, take and distribute messages
- Assist with delivery of mail to departments
- Assist with filing documents
- Assist student, faculty, and staff with departmental inquiries
- Data entry
- General clerical duties
- Other duties as required
Required Education and Experience:
- Presently enrolled at Prairie View A&M University for at least nine (9) graduate or six (6) undergraduate semester credit hours during the term in which the work is to be done.
- Must be in academic good standing (SAP) as demonstrated through your college; minimum 2.0 GPA
- No prior experience necessary
- For work eligibility during a summer term, a student must be enrolled for at least six (6) graduate or undergraduate semester credit hours during the term in which the work is to be done or preregistered at least six (6) undergraduate semester hours or nine (9) graduate semester hours for the upcoming fall term.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- ECE, CS or Engineering Students
Job Posting Close Date:
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter“ on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV“ or Resume/Cover Letter“ attachment box.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Detailed Class Schedule
- Award Letter (Work-Study positions only)
Application Submission Guidelines:
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1793 or email@example.com should you need assistance with the online application process.
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU career site.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.