The Analyst position will provide support to the Senior bankers in the Columbus office in providing investment banking and/or underwriting to an array of Ohio public finance clients including cities, counties, school districts, special districts, not-for-profit healthcare, and higher education institutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare and understand client's and prospect's debt profile
- Create pro-forma debt models using spreadsheet and industry-specific software packages.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to prospects and clients on current debt profiles and proposed financial transactions
- Assist and support in the execution of financing transactions
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to rating agencies
- Assist in the preparation of, and gain and understanding of the legal documents required for each type of financing
- Analysts will be expected to gain an understanding of federal and local government laws and regulations that impact client financings
- Have main responsibility for final numbers associated with each financing
- Successful candidates will begin to have increasing client and marketing responsibilities; however, support duties for senior bankers will continue.
- 0-5 years previous Public Finance or related experience preferred; however recent college graduates will be considered
- Demonstrated interest in the public or governmental sector through class work, extra-curricular activities, or volunteer work.
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Understanding of general finance and economic concepts
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills utilizing Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with others
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
Education: Undergraduate or graduate degree
Experience: Previous work or internship experience in the field of finance, government is beneficial but not required.
About the Company
HilltopSecurities is a diversified investment banking firm focused on one mission: to provide superior financial advisory and related services to public entities nationwide. With an extensive portfolio of products, we deliver a broad range of investment banking and related financial services that help our public sector clients achieve their definition of success. HilltopSecurities is a leading financial advisor both nationally and in the State of Ohio.