Full Time position
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
The Guest Communications Lead will assist the Program Director as the primary communicator for all guest groups prior to their arrival. Coordinate with the Program Leaders and other camp staff to communicate groups' needs to the team prior to arrival. Assist the Sales & Marketing Manager in gathering information post-event and assist in the re-booking process. Maintain weekly Intern schedules and assist with recruiting and hiring of Summer staff. Help with the implementation, maintaining, and running other camp programs as needed. Pursue leadership development opportunities for staff at every level. Understand the desired outcomes of our leadership pipeline and joyfully train those they supervise in the same manner. Reinforce Camp's culture of being a “sending organization.“
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(General overview and may not include all details of responsibilities)
- Guest Group Communication
- Act as the main contact for all booked groups prior to arrival.
- Initiate contact no later than one month (30 days) prior to a group's arrival.
- Communicate invoice payment policies during initial contact. Send a final invoice one month prior to the retreat, request payment upon leader arrival at camp, and communicate the different payment options available.
- Collect schedules, dietary restrictions, set-up needs, and activity counts 2 weeks prior to a group's arrival.
- Coordinate weekend schedules and housing with multiple groups on the same weekend. Ensure there are no conflicts.
- Communicate camp standards, policies, and information to the group prior to their arrival (information about insurance, waivers, housing, meal times, etc.).
- Follow up with groups post-event for evaluative information.
- Provide a high quality of customer service to all groups, respond quickly to needs prior to arrival and approach requests with a positive attitude.
- Guest Group Planning and Implementation
- Before guest group arrival communicate all group needs to the Program Director and Program Leads via weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinate as needed with the Food Service Supervisor to accommodate dietary restrictions.
- Work with other camp staff to support various guest group needs.
- Staffing and Program Support
- Assist the Camps program as needed in areas of scheduling, recruiting, hiring, training, managing and running camp programs
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers.
- Schedule interns to best-fit program needs.
- Collect intern requests for time away from Camps. Notify interns of approval or denial in coordination with the Program Director, Program Leads, and Internship Director.
- Assist the Sales and Marketing Manager in re-booking groups.
- Participate as needed in marketing events and touring booked or prospective groups around the camp properties.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Personal conduct that reflects well on CRISTA Ministries and supports our personal conduct policy
Perform all duties consistent with the CRISTA Ministries Mission Statement
Interns, Summer, hourly staff, and Volunteers in conjunction with the Program Leaders.
- Profession that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
- A lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles.
- Agreement and support of CRISTA's Doctrinal Statement.
- Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Two years working in youth ministry or ministry leadership or similar experience.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
CPR certifications, WA State Driver's license
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
Word, Excel, Outlook Email
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Four years working in youth ministry or ministry leadership or similar experience.