Requisition Number: AGRIC06287
Do you have a degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant pathology, entomology or associated ag science? Do you have excellent interpersonal, and strong communication skills? Are you a motivated self-starter with a willingness to learn? Are you willing to working overtime during busy seasons? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Sales Trainee is a development role that focuses on obtaining the skills required to become a licensed Pest Control Consultant with the goal of building a successful sales territory. Through their interaction with the branch field sales and management, the Sales Trainee develops the necessary skills to become a successful Field Sales Representative.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios to practical applications
- Requires excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills (verbal and written) for interaction with customers and fellow employees including the ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Detail and accuracy oriented with an ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously to completion within established deadlines
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows and Office Suite applications
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant pathology, entomology or associated agricultural science is preferred.
- Eligible for Pest Control Consultant licenses and completion with the first 3 months
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Become proficient in all aspects of the retail agriculture supply business and crop production.
- Assist field sales staff in all aspects of customer service.
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility.
- Assist growers with agronomic decisions.
- Conduct regular visits to customer’s crops to examine and diagnose plant health. Recommend pest and nutrition management programs that ensure the best quality and yield.
- Work towards developing into the Field Technology lead for the Branch.
- Maintain accurate record keeping of pesticide recommendations.
- Develop strong relationships with other Wilbur-Ellis Company employees based on teamwork and communication
- Present a professional image to customers in all interactions (verbal, computer-generated and face-to-face) and in personal appearance
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance skill set and knowledge base
- Make use of standard office equipment; Computer software and programs, Fax machines, postage machines, copier machines, etc. to effectively perform all aspects of position responsibilities
- Strictly follow all company policies. Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals, correspondence and as directed in the employee handbook
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.