CACI is seeking a Project Engineer to Support our Waterfront Engineering program in Portsmouth, VA.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Responsible for supporting the government with all aspects of project performance including technical, administrative, and financial parameters.
- Communicates with the customer to ensure all efforts are completed to customer requirement.
- Perform the function of Chief Test Engineer or Advance Planning Manager in most instances.
- Advance planning preparation and assisting with coordination of a test program for complex ship's systems (primarily electrical and mechanical).
- Provide Chief Test Engineer (CTE), Shift Test Director (STD) and Test Director (TD) services in providing technical engineering advice and direction, evaluating and analyzing the scope of problem areas, and providing recommendations for resolutions.
- Assist in preparing procedures for conducting tests on various mechanical, electrical/electronic, and structural equipment, and components and systems.
- Determines special equipment required to perform tests and instruments needed to acquire operating data.
- Monitor test performance, including resolution of problems, and anticipate and examine other issues that may arise during testing.
- Determine status of systems and testing at start of shift and assist with turnover procedures at completion of shift.
- Specify prerequisite conditions to maintain vessel in a condition that is safe for personnel and equipment.
- Evaluate and analyze test data and results.
- Prepare comprehensive reports outlining test procedures.
- Interpret test results and make recommendations on validity of tests
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Active SECRET clearance required for consideration.
- Academic Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent. An advanced degree may be substituted for three (3) years of experience. A doctorate degree may be substituted for 6 years of experience. Eight (8) years of additional directly related experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum/General Experience: Ten (10) years in organizing, managing and conducting a variety of related projects.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate programs, develop budgets and schedules, and coordinate efforts of multiple task activities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective liaison between government and contractor management personnel.
- Detailed understanding of program requirements, policies and procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable in acquisition methodology and be experienced in communication/interface with multi-disciplinary personnel to implement program objectives and to resolve problems.
- Must also demonstrate experience in field engineering and the troubleshooting, repair and testing of equipment, systems and components onboard ships.
- Of the ten years of required experience candidates for this position must show extensive experience in working in or with a Test Engineering or Industrial Process branch in a Navy or commercial full service shipyard within the past two years.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Prior experience supporting a Naval Shipyard code 200 is highly desired
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access Database Outlook and Microsoft Project is desired
- Knowledge of and experience with the Advanced Industrial Management (AIM) and Material Requirement (MRQT) data bases is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of the Shift Operations Management System (SOMS), Advanced Industrial Management (AIM) system, Material Requirements (MRQT) and Schedule Planning and Report Kit (SPaRK), ATIS and JEDMIS NSED databases is desired
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.