District Manager - Wendys
JOB TITLE: District Manager
SUPERVISOR: Regional VP of Operations
Our Company is committed to your success by providing you with the training and tools you need to be successful. Our success is based on your commitment to the guest. Guests come first and are the most important people in our business because they make our paychecks possible.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Manages daily operations of the District to achieve sales, profits, customer satisfaction and human resource management objectives. Ensures objectives are achieved while operating within all Company guidelines and following ethical business practices. Creates and maintains a “Delight Every Customer.” environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
5 – Star Talent
- Ensures proper staffing levels are achieved. Ensures diversity of management work force. Monitors crew and management labor availability. Maintains ongoing system for recruiting, recognition, and retention of restaurant management. Develops crew and management staffing plans to maintain management stability. Ensures the execution of quality, timely performance feedback, performance management, and performance reviews.
- Develops subordinates to maximize their contributions and future promotion opportunities. Provides proper restaurant management training and development using established systems and practices. Achieves certified training restaurant goals.
“A Cut Above” Customer Experience
- Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to Company policies and health/sanitation regulations; takes corrective action as appropriate.
- Plans and conducts working restaurant visits with all levels of restaurant management to ensure the continual improvement of Quality, Service, and Cleanliness standards on all day parts, including monitoring food product quality. Monitors to ensure “Delight Every Customer.“ standards are met; implements corrective actions, as required.
- Ensures protection of Wendy's brand and Company assets through District compliance with company policies and procedures. Evaluates store performance at specified intervals using company inspection form; coaches and retrains managers as required.
Growth and Profit
- Maximizes sales goals versus budget and prior year, including the monitoring/execution of National and local marketing programs. Responsible for the development of local restaurant marketing plans. Manages assigned restaurant requirements for new product rollouts/procedures.
- Maximizes profit goals versus budget and prior year, including the ongoing review of assigned restaurant budgets. Monitors food and labor costs and utilizes profit/loss statements to track results and implement corrective action as necessary for enhances results.
- Utilizes strong knowledge and understanding of restaurant operations, budgeting, accounting, and administrative procedures to maximize sales growth and cost analysis to ensure profitability.
- Performs other job duties as may be assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
High School diploma required
College degree preferred
18 years old or older
Minimum of 5 years restaurant operations experience in the restaurant industry, multi-unit restaurant management experience preferred; or equivalent of education and experience.
- Ability to learn and apply the standard operating procedures of the Company.
- Ability to learn and apply HR Policies and Procedures.
- P&L analysis and corrective measures.
- Demonstrated experience in Supervisory practices.
- Demonstrated experience Interviewing and identifying High Performing candidates.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local employment laws.
- Ability to execute training and development practices.
- Demonstrated strong PC skills.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete recommended training programs such as Serve Safe and Phase Training.
- Food Safety Certification.
- Customer Orientation
- Performance Management
- Organizing and Planning
- Results Orientation
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Financial Analysis
- Constructive Conflict
- Change Mastery
- Communications Process
- Discipline Execution
- Talent Management