MARYVIEW MEDICAL CENTER
The Nursing Assistant, under the direction of the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, is responsible for providing quality patient care, which includes knowledge of physical, psychological, social, cultural, spiritual, and developmental factors of patients served, is family-centered and based on the philosophy of Bon Secours.
As a member of the care delivery team, assists the professional nursing staff in providing patient care necessary for comfort, hygiene, simple treatments, data collection, and documentation requiring little or no variance in routine. Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires and as requested by Charge Nurse.
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Aide training program and State certification as Nurse Aide or completion of 2nd semester nursing program.
- Some experience is preferred.
- CPR certified
- Able to speak, write, read, and comprehend English.
- Has demonstrated familiarity with medical equipment, patient charts, medical terminology, and documentation procedures.
- Near visual acuity is required for accurate reading of gauges and thermometer and for recording information on patient charts.