When you join Daimler, you become a brand ambassador for a diverse global network of over 250,000 committed employees on 6 continents. Our employees drive the future of innovation in each of our world-class brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) is the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market. We are elevating the industry by setting the bar for quality and execution. Our DTNA employees are empowered to drive the Technology Revolution through our innovative products and customer-focused culture. Our dedication to our customers does not stop once our products hit the road. We immerse ourselves in the customers experience and what drives their business toward the future.
Daimler. One Team. Best Team.
Driven to connect our world. Apply today!
Become a part of the Daimler and Western Star family as you move truck components within the Plant to assist with the manufacture of trucks used around the globe.
- Assembling or installing truck components on a truck as instructed using required hand tools and supplied power tools.
- Meeting productivity and quality standards as you learn and perform multiple jobs and tasks as assigned by supervision.
- Performing job tasks in accordance with TOS (Truck Operating System, Daimler Truck North Americas Lean Management Tool) and other.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required• Candidates must be at least 18 years of age• An attached resume is required• Ability to understand and interpret standard work instructions required• Ability to use a computer at a basic level required• Employees must be able to lift 75 lbs. with or without a reasonable accommodation, and work in a physically demanding environment• Familiarity with manufacturing environment preferred• Adherence to all safety standards is required
Starting pay is $15/hr. with a current top production rate of $28.05, which can be achieved in 60 months.
- Starting wage is $15/hr.
- Full benefits available
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Membership with the union required
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.