Providence is calling a Transportation Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Days) at Providence Elderplace I Laurelhurst in Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Transportation Coordinator who will schedule and coordinate the day-to-day transportation activities for assigned drivers and center. The Coordinator will provide on-site leadership, training and coaching for drivers.
In this position you will:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and delivery of transportation services for assign area to ensure efficient and effective service
- Provide guidance to drivers to facilitate trip completion as needed. Assist new drivers with comprehensive orientation to the center
- Enter and maintain current and accurate information about participants' demographics and trip data
- Identify and recommend episodic education and training need of drivers at the centers
- Actively participate on the Interdisciplinary Team for assigned site and transportation department meetings
- Collaborate with the Dispatcher to ensure urgent transportation requests are met. Provide back-up operation of van or bus when a driver is unavailable for their route
- Implement quality improvement recommendations and assists with projects or data gathering as assigned
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license
- No more than 1 moving violation, or 1 chargeable accident within the last 3 years
- In compliance with company policy and state regulations, a Department of Human Services (DHS) criminal background check may be required for this position based upon the location of the position. Fingerprinting may be required also
- 1 year Transportation scheduling experience using transportation routing/scheduling software
- 5 years Driving experience, which includes:
- Driving a large passenger van or small bus
- 2 years of experience transporting people with special needs
- Experience using a personal computer with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Some college level studies.
About Providence ElderPlace
Providence ElderPlace is an innovative program known as PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly), a comprehensive care model that offers health, housing, social service and care coordination solutions to older adults and peace of mind to their families. We are dedicated to providing dignified care to seniors in a compassionate environment built on principles of responsive service, top-quality healthcare and trust.
Benefits and Retirement:
Do you have questions on how this position may impact your benefits or retirement? AskHR has answers! com or visit the
Caring for Your Career:
We are delighted that you answered the call to further your career at Providence. As a current caregiver, you have many resources to develop your skills and career such as educational benefits, online training, and professional development events. We encourage you to take advantage of these resources activities so that we can continue to serve our communities together with excellence. Our hope is that you continue to answer the call to our mission-inspired work today and into the future!