Function/Duties of Position
Works independently and in cooperation with the Facility Managers. This person is responsible for coordinating with other technical staff for reporting, scheduling, monitoring, and analyzing daily and project workloads. They coordinate repairs and preventative maintenance of all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems including computerized energy management, HVAC control and operations systems. Assures safe, reliable, accurate operation of the building environment and all systems within areas assigned. Works with staff as necessary to assist, train and develop them in the maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of HVAC, heating and cooling components and all other building systems. Serves as primary customer service representative for all Facilities & Logistics operations. Responds to customers in a timely, effective, and professional manner, developing positive working relationships. This position is one of the main customer service representatives for the department and serves as a liaison during emergencies.
- Three years of experience in the operation, maintenance, or repair of facilities in one or more physical plant or building services; AND One additional year of experience with responsibility for coordination of maintenance work.
- In-depth knowledge, skill and experience in the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of refrigeration, HVAC and HVAC control systems (both pneumatic and DDC), mechanical systems, electrical and plumbing systems and components. Journeyman-level knowledge of mechanical trades; skilled in reading and working from blueprints, drawings, and sketches. Intermediate/Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office including Excel, data entry, email). Requires excellent writing skills and experience communicating clearly and effectively with large, varied audiences.
- Driver license valid in the state of Oregon.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Technical classes specifically related to Facilities Management/Building Maintenance duties
- 5 years experience in a hospital setting in Facilities Maintenance or trades-related experience AND 2 additional years experience with responsibility for coordination of maintenance staff.
- Welding skills. Experience reading and creating CAD drawings. Advanced PC skills (MS PowerPoint, Oracle, MS Project, MS SharePoint, etc.)
- CFC Certification (Universal) , Brazing Certification, Limited Maintenance or low voltage electrical license (s).
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.