ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Military OneSource (MOS) State Consultant to join our team in Bangor or Portland, ME. The MOS State Consultant will serve as the state's subject matter expert with regard to Military OneSource and Federal, State and community resources available to support military members and their families .
- Collaborate with military and community support services to understand the military populations within the state and their needs.
- Encourage community capacity building to benefit the military population.
- Provide event support through presentations and displays.
- Develop internal team training as requested by managers and participate in special projects.
- Provide information and referral services and promote a sense of military community among the geographically dispersed service and family members in the state.
- Develop partnerships within their state to bridge the gap between needed and available services and integrate military and civilian resources.
- Educate service and family members of all branches and components of the support services available through Military OneSource via approved briefings and information tables at military sponsored events, conferences, trainings and other appropriate venues.
- Seek out opportunities to provide information regarding Military OneSource services to military leadership, members and their families, in order to facilitate secondary outreach and subsequent referrals.
- Develop and execute a state plan strategy to ensure awareness of available resources throughout the state and identify gaps in services.
- Maintain detailed records of daily, weekly and monthly activities in SharePoint, ensuring quality and timeliness of each entry.
- Provide virtual outreach across the state using Defense Connect Online and GoTo Meeting platforms to conduct meetings and website tours.
Education : Bachelor's Degree is required.
Licensure : Valid Driver's License.
Relevant Work Experience: Five years of prior military experience as an active duty, National Guard or Reserve member (or as a spouse of a member) or relevant civilian experience. In depth knowledge of and experience with military and civilian Support Services programs (military department and family service type programs). Proficient in the use of Windows based software applications, including MS Office Professional Suite. Familiarity with SharePoint preferred. Exceptional administrative skills required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- MS Office Professional Suite
- Online Meeting Software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This contract requires U. S. citizenship
ValueOptions Federal Services, Inc, a Beacon Health Options company, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.