U.Group is an advanced technology and creative design company radically focused on using customer-centric innovation to create new opportunities in the public and private sectors. Working collaboratively out of offices in Arlington, VA, Washington, DC, Portland, OR, and in the heart of the action at client sites—U.Group delivers best-in-class digital services, powerful data platforms, augmented reality solutions, integrated marketing strategies, bundled services, and more. To learn more, visit www.U.Group.
U.Group was recently awarded a project to provide development, security, and operations (DevSecOps) services that include artificial intelligence / machine learning (AI/ML) to support an office within the Department of Homeland Security. On this team, you will be operating and modernizing complex, legacy, large-scale, Internet facing websites and IT systems in the cloud using forward-thinking, modern, open source technologies and backend system. You will perform the full suite of DevSecOps tasks in AWS cloud environment using agile methodologies, including participating in creating user stories for both business functionality and technical requirements and defining, but not limited to acceptance criteria; estimating the size of stories; designing solutions including business/system/data architecture.
You will be asked to perform continuous DevSecOps services in AWS cloud environment and have total responsibility of all the system and software development lifecycle including, but not limited to, development, operations, security, and testing each set of capabilities in all applicable environments to release to end-users. The team will use an automated-first with integrated security gates for continuous development, continuous delivery, and continuous integration (CI/CD), and is expected to evolve current best practices and adopt cutting edge best practices for IT delivery as needed. This includes integrating AI/ML into the DevSecOps approach, fuzzy based automated testing; seamless sustainment and quality management of code in production; managing data architectures for transactions and analytical solutions.
As a member of our team, you will perform engineering tasks to meet agency needs such as designing, implementing, and maintaining scaleable serverless/containerized platforms with AI/ML and/or other types of advanced algorithms (i.e. Natural Language Processing, and rules inference) that can be scientifically tested and proven.
Citizenship Status: US Citizenship required and have resided in the U.S. for three of the past five years.
Location: DC Metro Region | Arlington, VA | Portland, OR | Indianapolis, IN and other pod locations to be determined
Clearance: Ability to obtain public trust or higher
What it takes:
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, Node.js
- Development Tools – Git, Maven, Gradle
- End-to-end testing integration - Protractor
- Ability to interpret Security Scan results and fix security related bugs and vulnerabilities
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Agile Software Development Experience
- Proficient in Test Driven Development
- Soft Skills: Root cause analysis, able to understand and meet acceptance criteria, User story estimation, documentation, developing code and automated tests, code reviews, creating deployment scripts, and managing database solutions. Problem solving skills with aptitude to support self-organizing multi-disciplinary teams with experience in persona development, data visualization, high-fidelity prototyping, and business process design.
Highly desirable on some candidates:
- AWS Certification (Developer | Solutions Architect | DevOps Engineer | Security | Cloud Practitioner | Advanced Networking)
- Active Clearance (Secret or higher)
Contract Minimums to Qualify:
- Shall have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in writing and testing enterprise software solutions. Experience requirements may be substituted with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus three years of experience in writing and testing enterprise software solutions.
- Shall also have three (3) years of experience in troubleshooting software which may overlap with the experience requirements above.
- Shall have experience working in AWS, software containerization and Agile development processes.
Life at U.Group
We encourage our colleagues to lead balanced lives. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flexible spending, 20 days paid time off, and paid holidays. We also offer:
Flex Time and Remote Work Options
Education reimbursement program
Transit/parking subsidy program
Parental Leave Policy
Professional Development Program
401(k) with Company Match
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
U.Group shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.