Service Support Team Member
Service Support Team Member Job Description
Title: Service Support Team Member
Reports To: Restaurant Manager
Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
Compensation: $14 Per Hour +Tips!
Full Benefits: Available after 1 year with qualifying minimum hours worked.
Summary of Position:
Greet guest upon arrival and departure to restaurant. Maintain restaurants clean appearance and assist staff as needed to ensure guest satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift
- Pre-bus finished plates in front of guests. If it appears that the guests have stopped eating and there is still food on the table, offer to retrieve a box for them. Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for the next course.
- Clear tables after guests leave. Take tableware to the dish area and place silverware, dishes, and glassware to the appropriate areas for washing.
- Circle/check the entire dining area and clean as required.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server or manager as needed.
- Become fluent in the understanding of the restaurant’s table and seating numbers.
- Assist bartenders as needed with food delivery, refills of non-alcoholic beverages, restocking, clearing and cleaning.
- Maintain bus-tubs, glass racks, and restock all glassware as needed.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the managers on duty.
- When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and number of people in party, provide estimated waiting time.
- Maintain clean menus, tables, kid’s toys, floors, bathrooms and retail area.
- Relay messages to managers as needed.
- Make sure the expo area is ready for service at the beginning of each shift.
- Sauce/dressings are filled, back-ups are prepped and put in below cooler for speedy service.
- Steak knives, pizza servers and spoons are stocked. Sani-bucket filled and replaced every 3 hours.
- Use of knives to cut celery, lemons, scallions, etc.
- Assist HOH by helping with prep and bringing product to the line as needed.
- While in service, keep up with the expo screen in preparing dressing, sauces and wing setups as needed
- Double check food quality, accuracy and plate cleanliness after the expo hands it over for service.
- Carry service trays and deliver food to tables/multiple tables in one trip.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to manager as needed.
- Ability to cover the expo window if manager (expo) needs to step away.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- Inspect assigned restroom and clean as needed every 30 minutes.
- Maintain the floor, vestibule and outside areas with constant spot sweeps.
- Check the restaurant’s exterior every 30 minutes for debris.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to communicate clearly, professionally, and effectively with our guests.
- Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission Alcohol Service Permit
- Oregon Food Handlers Card
Von Ebert Brewing is an equal opportunity employer.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Von Ebert Brewing reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Von Ebert Brewing, its managers or franchisor. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.