Our new Senior Software Developer will continuously improve New Relic’s transparency into our current compliance status to near real-time monitoring, understanding the weight of repetitive, time-consuming tasks and minimizing their impact across New Relic through automation, streamlining, and integration with existing systems.
We seek an experienced Software Developer with a strong leaning towards information security and/or security compliance. With a passion for and proven experience in continuous improvement, can you envision a world where 3rd-party audits are substantially facilitated by automation that can be executed by anyone in the organization, with significant and impactful results? If, “Hell Yes,” is your answer, let's talk!
In addition to our Portland, San Francisco, or Atlanta offices, we are open to remote candidates who can work West Coast hours from a home office and have >1 year of success working remotely with a distributed team!
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain scripts and applications to automate audit management and minimize audit fatigue;
- Develop scripts to extract data from different environments and repositories to support automation;
- Automation and development of dashboards to provide relevant and measurable security information and a holistic view of our compliance posture.
- Ability to lead requirements discussions - translating to use cases - leading to automation and efficiencies;
- Curiosity, positivity, and a desire to work within a culture that values connection, authenticity, and empathy;
- An appetite for solving problems through data gathering, systematic analysis, creative thinking and collaboration;
- Experience working with JIRA, Git, Cloud APIs, AWS;
- Demonstrable sound judgment in decision making-situations around risk assessments, recommendations, policies and controls;
- Ability to provide Security Compliance transparency;
- Dedicated to help our internal partners, empowering them with self-service methods, documentation, tools;
- Cloud security best practices;
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Technology or equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience implementing bidirectional integration for disparate systems (e.g. Jira with a GRC Tool);
- Direct experience managing audits (e.g. SOC2, FISMA/NIST 800-53, PCI-DSS) including coordinating with auditors and internal partners;
- Working knowledge of NIST 800-53 controls;
- Knowledge of GRC, as well as enterprise security monitoring and management tools;
- Knowledge of GDPR.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.