We are seeking a US Payroll Specialist to join our finance team based in our Portland office. You will have the unique opportunity to participate in and improve multiple areas of payroll within our fast-growing company.
What You Will Do:
- You will be responsible for twice monthly, multi-state payroll for 200+ domestic employees across two separate entities, including accurate and timely delivery of off-cycle pay and final pay
- Execute 401 (k) and California Voluntary Disability benefits in tandem with payroll and in compliance with Plan documents.
- Deliver excellent customer service to US Ampere employees by providing prompt responses and resolutions to payroll related questions
- Maintain and update new and existing employee data to ensure they are captured in payroll processing
- Ownership of time-tracking for all non-exempt employees
- Identify and implement process improvements, automation and efficiencies
- Research a broad range of payroll issues and provide informed recommendations
- Assist with payroll accounting such as payroll adjustment journals, payroll liability account reconciliations and investigation of significant variances for payroll expense accounts.
- This is a startup – be ready to tackle challenges as they arise and find solutions as our company scales. You are empowered to get work done and make Ampere better. Everyone on our team has a direct influence to make our company successful!
What You’ll Bring (Qualifications):
- 7+ years combined Payroll experience in a multi-state environment, including California
- Cool head in a fast-paced environment
- Able to produce high quality independent results
- Know how to have fun & get it done collaborating
- You are a quick learner who figures things out
- Amazing excel skills with an ability to work with large sets of data
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field with enrollment in a recognized payroll certification program
- NetSuite experience a strong plus
Perks in Portland:
- Walking distance of breweries, landscaped parks, art galleries, restaurants and shops
- Garage parking
- On-site bike parking and repair station
- On-site café, bar, and market
Ampere is designing the future of hyperscale cloud and edge computing with the world’s first cloud native processor. Built for the cloud with a modern 64-bit Arm server-based architecture, Ampere gives customers the freedom to accelerate the delivery of all cloud computing applications. With industry-leading cloud performance, power efficiency and scalability, Ampere processors are tailored for the continued growth of cloud and edge computing.
Like the scientist behind its name, Ampere employees are innovators. We understand the needs of cloud computing and different software requirements. We are inventing what comes next and looking at everything from the structure of memory and how efficient the system is, to considerations on speed, cost of electricity and ability to cool. Power, size, weight and cost are driving the technology requirements and the innovation to come.
Our world class team of engineers, with depth and expertise in the cloud and semiconductor industries, is not only focused on the development of new semiconductor designs but also building out the first software ecosystem for Arm®-based server processors. Through the Ampere approach to the cloud and edge, we give our customers the freedom to challenge the status quo and accelerate next-generation data centers for the most memory-intensive applications. Given the challenge we have outlined, we are building a culture of entrepreneurs that ensure customers come first, proactively approaching industry challenges in the areas of security, power and performance, delivering results that matter most.