Design at Splunk
Design at Splunk is at the center of how we build and ship products our users love to use. We’re a team of designers, user researchers, and design program managers that move fast and focus on delivering clear and beautiful enterprise solutions to our customers.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw mission-critical insights from big data?
If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
We're looking for a Senior Product Design Manager to lead our Infrastructure and Network Monitoring design teams within the Observability portfolio.
- Collaborative and customer-focused operational leader who deeply cares about building scalable programs that work for the broader organization.
- Attune to identifying areas for improvements and energized by tackling ambiguous issues
- Driven by creating measurable improvements to research operations
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Deliver quality user experiences that improve usability and provide meaningful value to Splunk Observability users
- Lead, oversee, and grow a team of high-performing product designers by communicating a vision, providing direction, mentorship, and inspiration
- Balance the strategic and operational needs of your team—from pitching ideas to negotiating trade-off decisions and coordinating resources
- Drive excellence through collaboration with design and engineering directors, product managers, researchers and writers to identify business opportunities and user needs
- Cultivate positive relationships with executives and peers across the organization to ensure alignment and delivery of a holistic end-to-end user experience
- Drive standards for design excellence supporting our design system, principles, and guidelines
- Promote informed decision-making using quantitative and qualitative research to ensure users' observability needs are understood and met
- Lead the experience design vision in partnership with the Observability leadership team, broadly driving best-practices around teamwork, user-centricity and innovation
- Exercise strong communication and nurture a culture of trust, feedback, and design excellence
- Adept at delivering high-quality work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Test-and-learn know-how to measure and refine designs based on user and market data
- Experience attracting, hiring, mentoring and retaining top talent
- Strong project management abilities
- Experience working with and leading distributed teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus if you have:
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure and experience with related platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes)
- Experience designing for data-rich products, incorporating data visualizations
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This is a remote position located in the US. You must be able to work on the West Coast time zone (PST). For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.