We are on the lookout for the perfect teammate to lead our Area Managers and help drive our field agent program to new heights.
The Senior Field Manager will play a critical role in motivating and inspiring a national field organization to drive increased sell-through and consistent brand messaging for adidas at key retail locations. This position also plays an important role in cross functional collaboration and will require versatility and agility to pivot between being a strategic business partner and executing outcomes in the field.
This role is based in Portland, reporting to the Head of adidas Field Agent Program.
- Directly leads a high performing team of four Area Managers to successfully oversee the day to day operations and execution of the national field team.
- Facilitates seasonal presentation workshops, meetings and calls with field leadership to communicate brand strategies and current campaign messaging.
- Identifies strategic moments to be in markets in effort to maintain a strong connectivity to the day-to-day happenings of the field organization, and directly coach Area Managers.
- Develops trusted relationships with key partners in view of driving continuity of adidas’ strategy and execution of all field marketing activities.
- Serves as a strategic business partner to the adidas Field Marketing Team, working collaboratively to identify the best channels and mechanisms to communicate with field teams.
- Participates in the development of creative briefs for new strategies and field executions, seeing through to implementation.
- Partners with the Employee Experience team to continuously identify opportunities that will elevate or improve performance, culture and operations.
- Plays a lead role in spearheading team and individual training and development initiatives.
- Responsible for the organized administration and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Oversees special projects by providing strategic direction and driving collaboration between relevant field and HQ stakeholders.
- Develops business opportunities by identifying and evaluating national level customer and in store trends from the field, and beyond.
- Tracks and monitors campaign performance and produces occasional reports for senior management.
- Maintains an ongoing understanding of happenings across the retail landscapes, both in and out of store.
THE RIGHT MINDSET
- 7+ years proven experience in retail team leadership responsible for leading large teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retail management, or related field.
- Outstanding business acumen with analytical capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of retail operations and human resources.
- Proven ability to form strong business partnerships.
- Passion for delivering results through people.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills to provide clear guidelines and examples to the field and adidas Team.
- Excellent writing, organizational skills with attention to detail and an exceptional ability to write, present, and share ideas articulately.
- Strong follow-up skills and time management.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities through high levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results driven environment.
- Enjoys a mix of office work and getting into the field, spending 25% of time traveling and in market.