Providence is calling a RN Supervisor Clinic Nursing, Quality - Providence Medical Group Bethany (1.0 FTE, Days) to Pmg Bethany Clinic in Portland, OR. This is an exempt position with an anticipated schedule of Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm with the potential need to work outside of these hours should emergent situations arise.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Clinic Nursing, Quality - Providence Medical Group Bethany who will be an integral member of the clinic leadership team in bringing the professional nursing perspective and expertise to the group and upholding the standards of clinical practice. Position is responsible for the oversight of clinical staff performance, coaching, mentoring, developing, and implementing clinical best practices. In addition, this position is responsible for the oversight and supervision of clinical quality, ensuring state and federal compliance and clinical support patient care services are provided in an efficient and safe manner that is consistent with clinical best practices. The Clinic Nursing and Quality Supervisor provides direct patient care at top of RN scope of practice, according to the individualized needs of the patient using the nursing process and in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act. Coordinates patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship. Must be competent to analyze patient data with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual and chronological maturation process. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work as a key member of the clinic leadership team
- Communicate and collaborate with other leadership team members
- Work as a team player
- Keep rest of clinic leadership team apprised of clinical concerns, problems and issues that arise during the normal course of business
- Maintain current knowledge of trends in nursing practice, health and ambulatory care
- Convey new clinical information to the clinical support staff and teams
- Provide direct patient care at 'RN' scope of practice (provides comprehensive patient assessment, performs clinical procedures and treatments according to clinical best practice standards, provides patient education, pharmacological knowledge, assists with provider desktops, responds to clinical emergent/crisis situations and other 'RN' duties as needed).
- Collaborate with the assigned Nurse or Social Case Work Manager to provide care coordination services for patients and families, and provides those case management services when needed
- Collaborate with Workforce Development Department to identify ongoing clinical training needs to maintain and upgrade clinical support staff competencies
- Be responsible for managing all clinical support staff performance
- Mentor, train, coach and counsel clinical support staff on clinical performance and on-going clinical growth and development
- Interface with various PHS departments (Home Health, Lab, ED, and other departments) as needed
- Attend and participates in Patient Care Committee (PCC) meetings
- Participate in clinical support staff hiring (interview, selection, on-boarding, orientation and training), provides input regarding clinical performance, and competencies assessments
- Create and or participate with the development and updates of clinical protocols, policies and procedures in conjunction with the Nursing Quality Committee (NQC), Best Practice Committee and the Safety, Risk, and Education departments
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing -OR- Associate Nursing degree with a minimum of three (3) years recent RN experience
- Current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
- Current American Heart Association - Basic Life Support (AHA - BLS)
- National Certification in area of specialty, unless otherwise indicated
- Three (3) years RN experience managing complex patients, -OR- successful completion of RN Ambulatory Residency program
- Experience providing clinical education to clinical support staff within an outpatient/ambulatory care/medical group environment, including medical assistant, nurses and related clinical positions
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- Experience working in an ambulatory setting
- Three (3) years demonstrated experience with providing progressive leadership, clinical staff education, competency development and evaluation, staff training and performance evaluation
- Three (3) years experience providing patient education
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
“Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.“
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.