Ampere is looking for our next team member to drive revenue, strategic engagement, and partnership with new business units/ opportunities at Oracle and Microsoft. In this position, you will own the expansion of the Ampere sales engagement into new products and services within target customers. You'll also be responsible for driving design wins, revenue ramp, margin control and strategic alignment around target workloads.
- Strategically drive new business in select strategic CSP customers
- Develop near term and long term strategy to Expand Amperes footprint within target customers infrastructure and applications
- Target and cultivate a professional and consultative relationship with the customer, at the executive level, purchasing and practitioner/IT level, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the customer within their industry
- Generate new opportunities through existing relationships, lead-generation, and by scheduling and presenting at marketing events.
- Follow up continuously on all potential sales pursuits, negotiate terms/pricing/contracts and advance them to close.
- Manage virtual sales teams assigned to proposal & work order creation
- Report key metrics (revenue and opportunity forecast, pipeline, opportunity status, challenges, and needs) accurately and in a timely manner
- Participate in weekly sales meetings to present/assess the status of all existing pipeline of leads, opportunities as well as potential future target companies and pursuit strategies.
- Align with appropriate delivery teams to leverage follow-on business from one delivery project to another.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years as a sales and/or Business development experience in the technology space related to the Datacenter, Carrier and edge/embedded
- Demonstrated knowledge in systems integration with emphasis on virtualization, storage, security, networking and/or data center technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of budget cycles, procurement processes, and contract vehicles
- Experience in business marketing/coordination and submission of winning proposals (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs), effective contract negotiations, appropriate/applicable interpretation of contract terms and conditions, issue identification, risk mitigation and ensuring post-win customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated expertise in specialty, consultative, solution selling and business development skills to align the customer's needs with our solution to drive sales and close deals
- Must be aggressive self-starter with strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Has excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills to client audiences
- Ability to coordinate, navigate and motivate the range of internal/external influencers to select and implement virtualization and mobility solutions
- Know strength and weaknesses of key competitors in the datacenter
- Ability to travel up to 25 % of the time
- BS in Computer Science or related field or work experience equivalent.
Ampere is designing the future of hyperscale cloud and edge computing with the world’s first cloud native processor. Built for the cloud with a modern 64-bit Arm server-based architecture, Ampere gives customers the freedom to accelerate the delivery of all cloud computing applications. With industry-leading cloud performance, power efficiency and scalability, Ampere processors are tailored for the continued growth of cloud and edge computing.
Like the scientist behind its name, Ampere employees are innovators. We understand the needs of cloud computing and different software requirements. We are inventing what comes next and looking at everything from the structure of memory and how efficient the system is, to considerations on speed, cost of electricity and ability to cool. Power, size, weight and cost are driving the technology requirements and the innovation to come.
Our world class team of engineers, with depth and expertise in the cloud and semiconductor industries, is not only focused on the development of new semiconductor designs but also building out the first software ecosystem for Arm®-based server processors. Through the Ampere approach to the cloud and edge, we give our customers the freedom to challenge the status quo and accelerate next-generation data centers for the most memory-intensive applications. Given the challenge we have outlined, we are building a culture of entrepreneurs that ensure customers come first, proactively approaching industry challenges in the areas of security, power and performance, delivering results that matter most.