As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we've expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today's top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
The End User Computer Workplace Principal Solution Architect works closely with the Zones sales teams to help grow the profitable sales of infrastructure solutions within a region and/or market. The goal is to help manage the above market growth rate of revenue and gross margins for hardware, software, and services for enterprise product defined as primarily servers, storage, networking, and other advanced technologies.
The Solution Architect is a pre-sales resource who leads the consultative discovery of the client's business goals, objectives, and challenges and translates them into effective infrastructure solutions. The Solution Architects ability to achieve sales and profit goals will transpire through joint account planning, partner teaming (internal & external), on-site client interface/visits, engagement/solution development and implementation support/follow-up. The Solution Architect plays a leadership role by analyzing business requirements, presenting related solutions, and driving the business case and financial justifications.
This is a remote position - we prefer this person to be based in Portland or surrounding area. The capability to occasionally meet or work onsite may be requested.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a Solution Architect, you are primarily responsible for:
Working with Sales Management and Account Executives:
- Planning and Reporting with the PSG Regional Director and Sales Management to manage pipeline towards goal achievement
- Joint Account Planning to help identify opportunities in accounts
- Sales Calls and Presentations to Identify and Close Solutions Opportunities
- Solutions Development based on the clients/prospect's requirements
- Joint Bid and Proposal Development with Sales
- Prepare SOWs and Services Estimates
- Equipping and Training the Sales Organization on Solutions and How to Find Opportunities
- Pipeline Management and Forecasting of Product and Services Revenue/GM for Defined market
- Prospecting and Develop Opportunities Independently as time permits
Working with Manufacturers, OEMs, and Software Publishers (Partners):
- Build and Maintain Regional and Local Relationships with Partners Channel and Direct Sales Organizations
- Go to Market Planning with Partners to Identify the Best Opportunity Areas and Accounts to Target
- Develop and Deliver with marketing and Partners – Demand Generation Campaigns and Events
- Maintain Certifications as Necessary to Enable Zones to be able to Resell the Products, and Maintain the Highest Level of Vendor Rebates and Lowest Cost
Working with Clients:
- Build and Maintain Relationships, Particularly Technical Relationships in Assigned Accounts as Appropriate to Farm Additional Opportunities
- Perform Needs Assessments as Appropriate
- Perform Short Term Billable Engagements to Keep Skill Set Short, Offset Some Cost of Sales. These are generally Assessment, Proof of Concept, or Architectural type of Engagements
- Strong business acumen and understanding of client's IT related business goals and challenges to ensure proper translation of the client's needs into technology solutions
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction Levels with Stated Goal of 100%
Working with Team
- Support other SAs sales Activities as appropriate utilizing your Subject Matter Expertise
- Support other Geographic Areas and Practices as Needed based on Skillset, Demand, and Availability
- Keep Pipeline, Forecast, Time and Billing, Project and Activity Reporting Current based with Defined Tools and Meeting Submittal Deadlines.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline; equivalent years of experience is acceptable
- At least 5 years of experience in an enterprise environment and a minimum of 2 years in a pre-sale's technical role
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
- Understanding of the industry, market, customers, competitors, suppliers, partners and capabilities of the business.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and management.
- Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners, and peers
- Ability to travel an average of 25% of the time
Technology Focus and Requirements:
- Ability to Assess, Architect, Design, and Implement Mobility, MDM, and End User Computing Management Solutions with a variety of tablets, smart phones, desktops and laptops into Customer Environments Ranging from SMB to Enterprise Accounts.
- Experience and Certifications from Key OEM Mobility Partners and Enterprise Solutions from Apple, MobileIron, and AirWatch desired.
- Experience and Certifications from Microsoft including SCCM and Symantec's Altiris product desired.
- Core understanding of desktop OS design, directory services and migration tools allowing for complete solution integration is required.
- Strategy & technology consulting experience applying mobile technology to strategic business problems around data security, device management and end user computing.
- Experience integrating Mobility Solutions into complex enterprise environments including experience with managing these environments and Life Cycle Support is Highly Desired.
- Experience managing solutions that reduce the total life cycle cost of supporting desktop in complex enterprise environments with patching and imaging, and zero touch deployment solutions highly desired
Zones offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we're committed to providing top-tier solutions, we're just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching provision, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you're interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!